Daily life… Sometimes it can be such a grind, you know? The past year I’ve felt like I’ve been living on the surface of a millstone. I’m sure we’ve all been there but when the duration is so protracted, the question arises, do we become our work, losing everything that makes us interesting in the process, or do we allow the frustration to consume us? Or is there a way to keep from going crazy and keep an even keel?
Anyone who knows me or reads this blog knows that I’m a runner and a writer, and those are the things I do to retain my sanity. Writing helps get things out of my head, while running helps me focus and meditate, with the added benefit that I manage to stay in decent shape. If my department ever gets caught up to where we are working eight-hour days, I might make some stuff out of wood, do some bookbinding, or just get out with my wife and daughter and have some fun for a change.
That job… the old ball and chain… its slowly killing me regardless.
This post was prompted by today’s Daily Post prompt.
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge (princeidogunowolemi.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: On edge, what do you do? Usually, I jump off! (jennifermarshcurtis.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge (bookwormcatlady.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge (spaspanache.wordpress.com)
- Just on-edge (cellarfloor.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt | On The Edge : Get Off Of My Cloud (betweenscreens.com)
- On the Edge of Yoga (silverleafjournal.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge (ladyboyprompt.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: On the Edge (lumar1298.wordpress.com)